CompX eLock - LockView
CompX eLock Versions & Accessories
Numeric Keypad · Prox / Keypad Combo · Magstripe / Keypad Combo · Cabinet eLocks · Cold Storage eLocks · Membrane Keypads · Proximity Pods · Magnetic Stripe Pods · eLock Accessories · LockView Software · CompX eLock Part Numbers
Software put you in total control.
WARNING: COMPX SECURITY PRODUCTS ("CSP") IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE, TITLED LOCKVIEW, TO YOU ONLY UPON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS CSP SOFTWARE LICENSE. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY.
COMPX SECURITY PRODUCTS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
CSP LockView Software is the owned property of and embody the proprietary trade secret technology of CSP and is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws. Unauthorized use and copying of such software is prohibited by law, including the United States and foreign copyright law. By installing and/or running this software, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth below. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, CSP is unwilling to License the Software to you, you must promptly discontinue use of this Software product and return this product to CSP along with any and all copies thereof.
CSP grants to Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Software and any related documentation (the "Software"). The Software is licensed not sold. This license may be terminated by CSP by written notice to Customer upon any breach of this Agreement by Customer. The license is subject to all the terms of this Agreement, including those set forth below:
- A. Customer recognizes and agrees that the license to use the Software is limited. Customer agrees to: 1) use one copy of the Software on any single computer, or device, provided the Software is in use on only one computer at a time. If you have multiple licenses for the Software, then at anytime you may have as many copies of the Software in use as you may have licenses. The Software is "in use" in a computer when it is loaded into the temporary memory (i.e. RAM) or is installed into the permanent memory (i.e. hard disk, CD-ROM or other storage device) of that computer. However, a copy installed on a network server for the sole purpose of distribution to other computers is not "in use". The Software may be executed from a common disk shared by multiple computers provided that one authorized copy of Software has been licensed for each computer executing the Software. Furthermore, if the Software is permanently installed on the hard disk or other storage device of a computer (other than a network server) and one person uses that computer more than 80% of the time it is in use, then that user may also use the Software on a portable computer. If such person's authorization to use such computer ceases for any reason (i.e. termination of employment), then such person's authority to use the Software on a portable computer shall cease; and 2) use the software only in support of Customer's own business. Customer may not relicense or sublicense the Software to or otherwise permit use of the Software (including timesharing or networking use) by any third party.
- B. Customer may use the computer programs included in the Software (the "Program") in object code form only, and shall not reverse compile, disassemble or otherwise convert the Programs into uncompleted or unassembled code.
- C. Customer may copy the programs only as reasonably necessary to load and execute the Programs and for backup purposes. All copies of the Programs or any part thereof, whether in printed, or machine readable form and whether on storage media or otherwise, are the owned property of CSP and are subject to the terms of this license, and all copies of the Programs or any part of the Programs shall include the copyright and proprietary notices contained in the Programs as delivered to Customer.
- D. Customer may not sell, assign, convey, or otherwise transfer the Software to any third party without the written consent of CSP.
- E. In the event CSP supplies updates, corrections, modifications, new versions, or new releases of the Software (collectively known as "Updates"), such Updates shall be part of the Software and the provisions of this License shall apply to such Updates and to the Software as modified thereby.
- F. Customer may terminate this License at any time by returning to CSP the original copy of the Software and deinstalling and destroying all other copies of the Software. Upon termination of this License by CSP, Customer will also return the original Software to CSP and deinstall and destroy all other copies of the Software.
- G. Customer will treat as confidential and will not disclose or otherwise make available any of the Software, or other data, information or documentation related thereto disclosed and/or delivered to Customer by CSP, in any form, to any person (including but not limited to, any vendors or other third parties), other than its employees with a need to know. Customer will instruct its employees who have access to the Software and other confidential information to keep same confidential by using the same care and discretion that Customer uses with respect to its own confidential property and trade secrets.
CSP warrants to the Customer that the media on which Programs are recorded shall be free from defects in materials or manufacture under normal use for a period of 90 days from the date of shipment of media. Programs found to have a defect in the media will be replaced at no charge to the Customer if returned to CSP within such 90 day period. Returns must be postage prepaid. If the default results from accident, abuse or mishandling, CSP will have no responsibility to replace the media. Some states do not allow limitations on the duration of an implied warranty, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have others which vary from state to state.
No Other Warranties.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED ABOVE, THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING DOCUMENTATION, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS MADE BY OR AUTHORIZED TO BE MADE ON BEHALF OF CSP. CUSTOMER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK OF THE RESULTS OF PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE OR OF THE FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO PERFORM.
Limitation of Liability
CSP's entire liability to Customer and Customer's exclusive remedy shall be the replacement of defective media, as provided above.
No Liability For Consequential Damages.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CSP BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL DAMAGES, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION), ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER CLAIMED UNDER THE LICENSE OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF CSP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This License Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois.
Together, CompX eLock and LockView software put you in total control.
Don't see what you are looking for?
What you see is only a fraction of what CompX Security Products offers. We have the design and engineering capabilities to meet your specific application needs. Contact us for more information.
CompX Security Products
Mail: PO Box 200, Mauldin, SC 29662
Shipping: 26 Old Mill Road, Greenville, SC 29607